Everyone likes to feel appreciated—even blog owners! One great thing about WordPress blogs is that they don’t just give you a voice; they give you a way to engage and interact with your audience. That’s what comments are for. When you post new articles, visitors can add their comments, and your articles can turn into a great dialogue with people interested in the same things. Comments are great for you to receive feedback, great for visitors to interact with you and each other, and great for attracting even more traffic to your blog. Put bluntly, you want comments. And WordPress makes comments easy, even giving you control to approve comments before they’re posted and (with the help of third-party tools) flagging spam comments so they don’t make a mess of your blog.
Students enrolled in the Academy have access to a video overview of WordPress Comments. This free video covers the following topics:
- Enabling comments
- WordPress comment best practices
- Approving, editing and deleting comments
Joining the Academy is free and will give you instant access to the WordPress Comments video.
That’s it! Managing comments is really quite easy. WordPress will even email you when you have new comments and give you easy links to approve or reject comments. The hard part is getting people to comment on your blog!
Don’t worry, I can help you with attracting comments too! Here are some great ways to get more comments on your blog posts:
- Share your blog posts in social media channels and build more traffic!
- Write about something that’s interesting to people and take a clear position
- Ask questions in your post and encourage visitors to comment
- Have a great title and incorporate media
- Respond to comments that people leave