As the owner of a WordPress site, you have a very special title: Administrator. WordPress Administrators get their own interface to manage everything that happens on a WordPress site.
Every time you sign in to WordPress, you’ll be greeted by a very helpful page called the Dashboard. The WordPress Dashboard provides an easy way to see a high-level view of everything that’s happening on your WordPress site.
Students enrolled in the Academy have access to a video overview of the WordPress Dashboard. This free video covers the following topics:
- Intro to the WordPress Dashboard
- Customizing the Dashboard
- Viewing Your Profile
Joining the Academy is free and will give you instant access to the Dashboard video.
After viewing the video, take some time to reflect on the following:
- What Dashboard elements would be helpful on your site?
- What can’t you see on the Dashboard that might be helpful?
- How does your Dashboard look different than the one in the video?
You’re doing a great job so far. Now try applying what you’ve learned to your own site and test your knowledge by clicking through the topics below.